It finally happened. Sunday night, Boston got its first real snowfall. I say real because it did in fact snow a couple days before Thanksgiving, but it was just a few flurries. But Sunday night we got a little more than an inch, and Monday it snowed even more. At this point, I began to regret not getting snow boots when they were super cheap at Target last month. So I bundled myself up as much as humanly possible and braved the elements to go to Target. I have a feeling people were looking at me strangely, and very few people were wearing hats or scarves like I was. Surprisingly, I actually purchased a scarf and new gloves on my previous trip to Target in anticipation of winter.
So I got to Target, and I thought maybe I should look into getting some thermal underwear. With difficulty (and after asking a not-so-nice Target team member), I found the rack of thermals. Naturally, they only had two pairs of thermal pants. Surprisingly, they were in my size, but they were white, and I didn't really want white. They had a variety of colors and sizes available for the thermal tops however. So typical of the Watertown Target... I decided to forgo that purchase, a decision I'm sure I will come to regret. But I moved on to the shoe section. They had a pretty disappointing selection. Most of the boots were just downright ugly or boring. But a pair of pink and greyish-green snowboardesque boots caught my eye. And they were on sale! Score.
I've found I'm responding pretty well to the winter weather. Of course I would like for it to be 70 degrees outside again, but I figure as long as I am dressed appropriately the cold doesn't bother me too much. I would, however, like it to be just warm enough to melt the ice off the sidewalks. Even in the snow boots I slide around on the ice. I've already fallen once (no injuries to report), and I'm okay with falling as long as it doesn't happen a) in the middle of a major road, b) on stairs, or c) on the train tracks, especially when the T is approaching. Other than that, I can deal with it.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment