Well, I'm home. I flew back to Bad Newz on Wednesday night. My flight was at 8pm, and I got to the airport around 6:45. Getting there was, surprisingly, not that bad. Until I got on the airport shuttle and had to wait forever for the driver to materialize. But overall, not bad. Going through security was so much fun. If it wasn't bad enough that I had to have buckets for my coat, laptop, laptop bag, and shoes, plus my bag, the woman at the metal detector made me put my scarf through the x-ray too. Because I could have balled up a bomb in my scarf? I made it through the metal detector just in time to see another TSA agent pulling my baggy of liquids from my bag. I apologized, but really I didn't care. I would make the absolute worst terrorist...seriously.
As usual, I started to get nervous once I got on the plane. I really hate flying. But there was a really cute flight attendant named John Paul. He did all the announcements and he had kind of a sexy voice. Then the pilot started talking to us. He said the weather in Newport News was 'much nicer than it is here (in Boston)' which made everyone laugh. The flight was okay. I like looking out the window but it was cloudy and I was just behind the wing so I couldn't see much anyway. So I just turned to the 60s station on XM and tuned out. Before long I was landing in Newport News.
Being back here is weird. Everything is so suburban and spread out. There's trees and grass in the middle of the street instead of train tracks, and there are box stores everywhere. The weather is much more pleasant though, even though I haven't been outside to enjoy it. I've been meaning to walk over to City Center but I've felt so lazy the last two days. I think that's partially because of the adjustable insta-bed I've been sleeping in...it's nice to elevate the head and foot of the bed and just relax. But most of all it is just dull here. I can't wait to see Caitles tomorrow and have some fun! We are going to Ambush, which is going to rock...I'm so excited!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment