Monday, October 8, 2007

stripper poles

Since I haven't had class since Tuesday afternoon, I've been sort of working on a midterm, but mostly slacking off. I really have been meaning to get caught up on school work. Really. Saturday, I had already decided, would be a fun day, since I was going to the game and then to a party that night. I woke up really early since the game was at noon. I got to campus around 10:30, but there wasn't much going on. So I just walked around until the game was about to start. I got some pictures and video of the marching band while they played Bowling Green's and our fight songs. The game was actually pretty exciting. Bowling Green isn't a bad football team. But I wasn't even the least bit concerned...I knew we would win pretty comfortably. Although we were a little sloppy in the first quarter... During halftime they inducted former athletes into the Varsity Club. One of the athletes who came back was Gerard Phelan. He is part of BC sports legend, but he is so overshadowed by Doug Flutie. And I think it's kind of unfair, since Gerard Phelan was the one who actually caught that pass. Well, needless to say, we won the game. The score was 55-24. Now we are ranked #4, and this weekend we go to South Bend to beat up on Notre Dame. Hopefully they won't give us too much trouble, but you never know with these historic rivalries.

Saturday night I went to a party at Isabella's apartment. I was trying to get Devlin and Greg to go with me, but they were tired, so I went by myself. When I got there not a lot of people had showed up yet, and I didn't know anyone other than Isabella, but I got a drink and met a few people. After a while people started coming, including Vincent and Charlotte. I hadn't seen them since the tailgate before the Wake Forest game. We all pretty much hung around drinking and talking. Vincent and I got into this long involved conversation about fraternities. He was telling me he wants to join one. That's pretty cool. Before long Isabella was asking me to dance, but they weren't playing any good music, so I just kept mingling and talking. Finally they started playing some stuff I could dance to. I dragged Vincent onto the dance floor and danced with him for a little while. Then I made this Swiss guy (whose name I don't remember) dance with me. Except that I told him he didn't have to do much, which to him meant he didn't have to do anything. So he just stood there and I danced around him. Halfway through he asked me "Do I make a good pole?" Then I danced with Arnaud, who wasn't half bad. After that I discovered that Vincent had gotten hold of my camera and taken pictures and video of me dancing. They were funny but a little bit scandalous. I tried to get them to dance more, but the French and Swiss guys just wanted to hang out, so I just went back out onto the dance floor. I danced with some of the girls, and then a few guys too. One of the guys I met was Keith. He had so much energy so I danced with him quite a bit. We didn't really talk but he seems like someone I'd want to get to know better. So I just danced until about 2 am, when things started to die down. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to get home, but Farooq and Isabella gave me a ride, which was nice of them. That night was so much more fun than any of the parties I went to in undergrad! Of course the next morning I had to get up for church. That was a challenge, but I made it...somehow.

No comments: