Friday, August 10, 2007

goodnight Virginia

In about 4 hours I will be leaving for Boston. This will be the first time I have ever lived outside of Virginia. So I am pretty much terrified right now. I'm excited to be moving on to the next chapter of my life, striking out on my own, and all that. I'm a little emotional though, because this is a huge step for me. Also, I think I'm a little depressed that I didn't get to spend time with Kate and Nick. It's strange to be going to a city that is totally different than what I'm used to, where I don't know many people, and I won't know where anything is. I'm going to miss my loves and Chanello's cheese bread like crazy. But I know this is absolutely right for me, and I can't wait to find new loves and a new favorite comfort food.

So all that's left is to finish packing and cleaning up my room. Then at 4am I will set off for a very long drive up there. I kind of wish I could fast forward through that part and be at my apartment getting settled in. But the drive will be nice and I'll be going down some roads I've never traveled before. That'll be a lot of fun. I can't wait!

No comments: