Saturday, September 15, 2007

we dance

I just had one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time. The grad and law student associations put on a boat cruise tonight. I just got home and I'm sooo tired, but it was such a great night.

Earlier today I went to Hair Cuttery in Harvard Square to get my hair done. The girl just washed, trimmed, and curled it. I wanted it wavy, but she didn't think it would hold properly. So she finished and it looked okay. Then she asked me if I wanted her to wrap it, and I said yes thinking she meant just loosely wrap it so it would stay. But no, she actually wrapped it. She used these white paper things to hold it down, so I looked like I had a bandage for a massive head wound. That was weird. She had pretty much brushed out the style too, so I paid a shitload of money for pretty much nothing. But since I was in Harvard Square, I decided to treat myself to lunch at Wagamama. I was going to eat there, but since I looked crazy I got takeout. Once I got my food I headed home to eat and get ready.

Despite my hair not being curly, it actually looked okay. As usual, I looked totally hot once I was ready. I headed over to the Reservoir T stop so I could meet with a bunch of people to go to the boat together. The first person I saw was Mongkol. As soon as he saw me he said I looked good. Well of course. So we had to wait for more people to show up. Naturally, at this point, I realized I forgot my camera, but I couldn't go back home so it wasn't a big deal. Finally we got on the train and got on our way. The whole trip didn't take very long, but we had to transfer a couple times which just made it complicated. We got there really early so we hung around chatting until they let us on the boat. I was getting bored so I went around the corner to 7-Eleven to get a disposable camera. When I got back people were getting on the boat. I ran into Tamas and talked to him for a second before seeing Sandra, Tammy, and Stephanie. I was actually supposed to hang out with them beforehand but I decided not to at the last minute. We hung out for a while. They were scheming how to attract good looking lawyers. We walked around the boat for a bit before finally just finding a spot and dancing a little. Sandra went to talk to a friend of hers and they ended up coming back over to us with a lawyer and a law student. All the other girls were really excited to be meeting lawyers. They were nice guys though. But then a bunch of the group walked away leaving me with the lawyer and I girl I don't really know. We chatted for a bit before the lawyer moved on. The girl was practically gushing about the lawyer which was really annoying so I wanted to get away from her. We started walking around and I saw Mongkol so I was heading toward him when the girl started pulling me away. She said there was a guy around there that had been 'stalking' her. But I told her I wanted to go over to my friends, so she went downstairs. I went over to my friends and starting talking to them. We walked around for a bit before we saw some other people. Then I started dancing. I think I surprised a few people with how I dance, but I didn't really care. I found out that Mongkol is a really great dancer. I spent a lot of the night dancing with him. We ended up finding a spot that wasn't as crowded which was great because I was burning up, so it was good to be able to feel the breeze. At one point while I was dancing I looked over and saw a guy walking to the edge of the boat with someone else holding a napkin to his face. I thought he just had a bloody nose so I kind of blew it off. I was just glad he wasn't puking. Later Mongkol and I rejoined everyone else and danced some more. It was really hot though so we went downstairs to sit in a little area in the front of the boat. It was good to cool off, and we just hung out, took pictures, and danced a little. Then we noticed we were pulling back in, but it was about 45 minutes before we were supposed to. We were a little confused until you could faintly hear someone announce that they were just letting one person off. Someone mentioned that there was a kid that cut his head open and I realized it was the guy I had seen earlier. So the boat pulled back out and cruised around for a while until about 11:30.

After we got off the boat no one wanted to go to the actual afterparty, so we decided to go to another bar closer to where we all live. We got halfway there but then everyone pretty much decided that they were too tired. I, of course, was a little ball of energy, but my feet hurt really badly, so it was probably better for me to go home. But it was such a great night...I'm really starting to love Boston!

No comments: